Think and Grow Rich

Saturday, January 26, 2013

May his soul rest in peace!

 

 
Early hours of Saturday morning . January 26,2013.

As usual , I was just going through the Malayala Manorama daily.

I had just opened the centre page. Yes I saw a small snap- . A known figure.

I read the report.- M P M Menon ex IFS officer passes away.

I was shocked, I could not believe it.

Murali was my class mate; we were in the class for three years -1955 to 1958  at
Government Secondary School, Perinthalmanna. In the final year, he was just sitting my side.


I was always coming first in the class but in the final examination he surpassed me.

We did not meet afterwards. I could understand that after a brief stint in the military , he entered Indian Foreign Service.

After retirement he had settled in Delhi. I could understand from Face book that he was suffering
from cancer.

Death is inevitable. Nobody can stop it. We call come into this world with a return ticket, the
only point is that the return date is not announced earlier.

The old memories  of school days come into my mind.

Nothing more to pen down

May his soul rest in peace !!.

No comments:

Post a Comment